Friday, September 24, 2004

From a "Terrorist" POV

Hey there guys.. here's an editorial that will test the notions of freedom of the press. I suspect I'll be joining the American formerly known as Cat Stephens shortly after a visit from the CIA.

I'm sure if you have the balls (or stupidity depending on how you view this type of writing) to publish this letter, you'll get some heated reactions.

I'm not a disclaimer kinda guy, but in the interest of National safety (er.. actually just mine) I'd like to preface this letter by saying I just sympathize with the people's of Iraq that we are so bent on bringing democracy and peace to.

In no way shape or form do I condone terrorism (got that big brother?).


From a "Terrorist" POV
from a westerner just trying to make sense of it all.


"Freedom means freedom for everyone.*" - VP Dick Cheney

"...*well except the Iranians and N. Koreans and Cubans and Rwandans and yada and yada and yada... we'll get around to freeing them too. Don't rush us. We got a few oil interests to secure in the Iraq first."

"Wait you turn. We'll get around to pimping your country as soon as we find an economic benefit to do so, and a good disguise to do it under. Please remember our slogan we borrowed from our good afro-american friend Snoop Dog Dog, 'if it doesn't make dollars it just doesn't make sense'. Get it... cents/sense? heh heh..."

"See that? Dick is hip. I know what the American people want to hear. Freedom for all, and for all a good dose of freedom!" - VP Dick Cheney (as he laughs all the way to the bank)


Seriously though PollyAnna... Freedom is only for those countries who's tyranical leaders have an abundance of wealth that we can't get to without overthrowing them physically. Most leaders are smart enough to deal with us and they allow us to pimp their natural resources to the detriment of the indiginous people of those countries...

You seem like an intelligent kinda guy. I'd be real impressed if you would tackle some of the underlying issues of international conflict and enlighten the people you touch as too some of the true actrocities of going on in the world.

When we went down to Bolivia to take their oil did we leave "Freedom for everyone?" While we suck the oil out of Rwanda, are we leaving a legacy of "Freedom for everyone?" As we invest billions to lay and protect the Turkey-Iraq pipeline have we ever truly invested in freedom for any of the people? Freedom from poverty, from dictatorship?

As long as Saddam kept the status quo and billions of dollars of oil flowed smoothly daily, how much did you and other Americans really care about Iraqi freedom?

As long as their are natives to oil bearing third and second world countries that are jealous that the industrialized Western and Asian countries are pimping their land and their government for their oil without benefitting the people there will be a fight that we call "terrorism". These peoples will fight tooth and nail as they watch their country's wealth get piped out to the spoiled Americans while they starve and/or suffer at the hands of radical dictators in financial conlusion with the U.S.

From a "Terrorist" POV their war is a war for independence. Much like America's war for independence from Britain. Their "Boston Tea Party" is blowing up a Pipeline and spilling their 21st Century "Tea" into an arid ocean. The true war on "Terrorism" is against our own greed. A greed that fuels the "Independence Fighter's" hate and resolve to rebel against financial and political oppression.

It is a war between the little people to bring the big multinational corporations to a level of fairness and decency in its business practices. It is a war to end political coruption that colludes with big business and oppressive foreign governments to rob a native people of its riches as has happened over and over again and again throughout history.

It is a war in which we have now become the oppressive Great Britian, and the Iraqi people have become the "New America" in there own minds. With so much promise for wealth and growth in their new chance for a democratic future, will the tyranny of American corporate greed suceed? If it does, rest assured "Terrorism" -- the indiginous peoples fight for independence will never cease.

-by Tony Tyrone Walton
Tempe, AZ
(no relation to Michael although I do have a brother named Mike)

{{this is a rough cut. but i got so passionate about some oppions i was reading on internet blogs that i had to voice it to someone. my own blog gets no traffic}}

6 Comments:

Blogger Russell said...

I noticed you were begging for readers over at my blog. Welcome to the blogosphere. May all your days be bright and as always....VOTE BUSH 2004! <><

Fri Sep 24, 08:06:00 PM MST  
Blogger Tony Walton said...

thanks for your input..

any particular reasoning for bush?

Sat Sep 25, 05:36:00 AM MST  
Blogger Russell said...

Bush is not perfect. Nobody is. Especially those seeking the office of the President. Political figures in general get where they are by doing some behind the scenes stuff, some unethical stuff. So while I might concede that Bush has been less than perfect, I would also point out that no candidate that ever available will be.

That said, it comes down to my faith and my beliefs. Since we're going to get certain things with all candidates. Lying. Cheating. Stealing. There are other things I believe in that only one candidate will deliver.

I believe that a baby is alive at conception. Abortion is unacceptable.

I believe that marraige is a gift from God and is for only a man and a woman.

I believe that the war on terror has only begun and we must make a stand now.

I believe that Iraq will be better off in the long run. (I will concede that there have been several mistakes made, but I still believe it was the right thing to do and the best time to do it.)

I want a man in office that professes his faith (regardless of it's authenticity, because that's between him and God) because our moral values are worse than they've ever been.

There are many others, but you can see my point. It will almost always boil down to a few main things. It may sound like simpleton talk, but if you actually look at the pros and cons of each candidate it has to come done to certain issues that push your buttons.

Thanks for listening and thanks for caring.

Russell
<><

Sat Sep 25, 06:52:00 AM MST  
Blogger Tony Walton said...

Thanks for your reply Russell,

I agree with you on all your points, and appreciate your ability to be objective and to the point.

I'm pretty sure I have a different oppion on what constitutes combating the root of terror and what is causing these "terrorists" to be so compelled to fight for their beliefs, but it is a problem that needs solving, and I pray to every god I can to urge their followers to get along. I know all god's but our god is heathen, but if I could sway them just a bit... lol - you know what i mean.

One of my biggest beliefs is that if the rich and powerful were more fair and compassionate to the meek and poor that Jesus would be more happy with us and there would be less agitated heathens.

I believe compassion converts more than force. And I don't know how the powers-that-be decide who gets our help/bombs and who doesn't.

The sneaky underhanded stuff may dupe us, but you're right that God will be the final judge. Good luck with Bush, and I truly hope he does more good than bad... he's got a lot of ground to make up.

If he's like most people I know, he'll hide the bad and herald the good, so I'll have to see a lot of good to compensate for all the bad we don't see. He'll have to be proclaiming the hell out of his faith too, cause I have seen too many wolves in sheeps clothing.

Thanks for the discussion.

Tony

Sat Sep 25, 09:35:00 AM MST  
Blogger Robert Elart Waters said...

Hey Tony,

I won't post the same comment, word-for-word, on three seperate posts on your blog, like you did for mine.

Instead, I'll just say-once- here what I said there: Why should I censor you? Your irrational ravings are their own best refutation, like most of what you Lefties say!

Cordially,
Bob

http://watersblogged.blogspot.com

Sun Sep 26, 01:15:00 AM MST  
Blogger Tony Walton said...

Any particular facts wrong Bub. Or are you just flailing at an arguement here?

Please list any corrections/disputes and your source for such information and I'll be glad to make corrections (now there's a novel concept, assessing what you've done and taking corrective action in the context of being enlightened to new information... gee, I wonder if a president should do that)

BTW, Obviously you're - just - not - getting - it (that's just the nature of righties). All the irrational parts are where I'm 'sarcastically' take the "Extreme Right POV". You know what sarcasm and mocking is right? LOL that's the beauty of being crass. The dipshits just don't get it.

For example: If I say, "it's much better to drop a bomb then drop aid, rather than just negotiate humanitarian aid in a civilised manor" what I'm really saying is that you war monger types are idiots. And I think it's funny that people actually read some of my mocking rants and are like, "brotha, you da man!!! I totally love it everytime a scum suking Iraqi dies! Kill em all!"

I know that's the way you think Bub, so I just like to play into it, cause the rest of us intelligent half of America understands the irony, hypocracy and out right stupidity in people like you's political views.

Mon Sep 27, 04:01:00 AM MST  

Post a Comment

<< Home